So either we have to worry about being attacked by drivers or they are in constant fear of passengers. Is there a solution to this?
(The background check includes a Motor Vehicle Record review as well as a criminal background check.
Local laws and regulations often establish the specific background check criteria that Uber applies, and these criteria can vary significantly from state to state. In general though, in order to pass the background check, drivers must have:
– At least one year U.S. licensing history (if under 23 years old, must have at least three years licensing history)
– A valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that shows:
– No major moving violations, such as DUIs or reckless driving, within the last seven years
– No more than three minor moving violations in the past three years, such as speeding tickets or failure to obey traffic laws
– A criminal record that does not include a conviction for a felony, violent crime, or sexual offense within the last seven years, among other things such as a registration on the U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public website.
The background check is private, secure, and completely free for potential driver partners. Background checks are performed by Checkr, Inc., a third party background check provider that is accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners.)
So has Uber done their due diligence when it comes to Scouting for employees? Above is their requirements. So what if you were convicted of rape 10 years prior to the application? Would you be considered for a position?
Sterling, VA – An Uber driver has been arrested for sexually assaulting a passenger during a ride in Loudoun County last week, authorities say.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office says the victim reported that she was picked up in Herndon at around 1:30 a.m. on Dec. 27 by her Uber driver after going out drinking with friends. She told investigators that as the vehicle was traveling in the area of Rutherford Circle, the driver stopped the vehicle and went into the backseat where he sexually assaulted her.
The victim reported the assault to authorities later that day, officials say.
The suspect, 44-year-old Kal Hartemariam, of Sterling, was arrested on Thursday and has been charged with aggravated sexual battery and forcible sodomy.
Hartemariam is being held without bond.